19 March, 2003
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
ANJEL O’BRYANT/COLORACTION INTERNATIONAL
I have known Anjel O’Bryant since 1988 and have considerable pleasure in recommending her to any person or organisation which is seeking a successful outcome in creating environments which support the mental, emotional and physical need of persons using those environments. I have engaged Anjel and her company, Coloraction International Pty Ltd on several occasions both through my role as Manager of Project Management Services for Fletcher Construction Australia and since 1996, as Managing Director of this company.
Anjel has been responsible for preparation of the color design for the projects summarised below. This selection covered all internal finishes and some external finishes where practicable, including paints, timber veneers, floor finishes, wall tiles, powder coatings, curtains, fabrics for chairs, lounges, etc and, in some cases, extended to recommendations on staff uniforms. Projects included:
- John Moroney Correctional Centre, a 200 bed medium security special purpose prison at Windsor, NSW. This was the first prison built in Australia on a design and construction basis and Coloraction was an essential consultant in the success of this project as it was the first time that the science of color and effect of color on people was adopted in a correctional institution.
- Hawkesbury District Health Service, a 125 bed level ¾ hospital developed by Catholic Health care Australia at Windsor, NSW. This commission included all building finishes, furnishing and staff uniforms.
- Commercial offices for Jennings Construction Australia.
- Extensions and refurbishment to the Masonic Hospital, Ashfield, NSW.
- Hawera Hospital, a new regional hospital developed by Taranaki District Health Board in New Zealand.
- Taranaki Base Hospital up-grades, New Plymouth, New Zealand, compromising the Mental Health Unit, the Emergency care Department, the Cardiology, Dialysis and Maternity Units and the MRI facility within the Radiology Department.
JA BARTON MANAGEMENT PTY LIMITED Phone: 61-2 9651 1756
ABN 35 076 156 128 Fax: 61-2 9651 2812
ACN 076 156 128 Mobile: 0417 250 842
3 Muraban Road, Dural, NSW 2158 Australia Email: email@example.com
PO Box 3396, Dural, NSW 2158 Australia
In all of these projects ANjel has sought through consultation with various user-groups to understand the functions to which every space within the respective project will be put and the types of physical, emotional and mental needs of persons working in or occupying those spaces in their particular capacity. In prisons and hospitals the needs and associated stresses on people such as inmates or patients, prison officers or doctors and nurses, and upon visitors to these facilities can be widely different but commonly quite intense. The understanding and the application of the science of color that Anjel has brought to such projects has enabled her to create environments that calm or stimulate occupants of those environments as appropriate and, therefore, reinforce achievement of appropriate outcomes from those occupants.
Anjel’s color schemes and use of fabrics have achieved considerable acclaim, particularly in the recent facilities in New Zealand and at Hawkesbury Hospital. It is the intention of this company to continue to bring her special talent and knowledge to future projects managed by this company wherever practicable.
John A. Barton